Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I am now realizing...

I should have stayed up last night to watch President-Elect Obama's speach because This Is History!

Our Parents and Grandparents witnessed so much History whereas I don't feel my 'generation' has, until last night and it was History on many levels.

No matter who you voted for, it's about time citizens got out and voted! If we voted in EVERY Election for EVERY level of government like we did in this Presidential Election, we could definately change what we are unhappy with in this Country! Voting CAN make a difference!

It is sad to say that 40 plus years after Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speach we have only just now elected the first African American President, but I am glad it's happened in my (and others) lifetime. We still have a long way to go.

Our new President has a lot to prove and not only to those who didn't vote for him, but for those of us who did. Our Country does need Change, from the current Administration as well as from the 2 previous Administrations in my book! I know it's not going to happen overnight or even in the near future but I do hope that it happens.

No comments: