Monday, November 03, 2008

'Secret' Has Been Leaked! NaNoWriMo Update!

"Jo-How the heck do you have 12,088 words already?!?!?!" This Q was posed to me earlier on GoodReads!

My response: "Oh dear. I was wondering if that would get out! (I don't mind that it did! Just worried about how some might react!*)

Well, here's my formula:

Have a REALLY HUGE & NASTY fight with your spouse and then can't sleep since you're still off kilter & keyed up even though the fight was hours before & he's apologized & you've made your peace; you start typing and 25 pages later you're nearly blind and have no idea what time it is so you go to bed!

I was SHOCKED when I did the word count on my MS Word and it came up with 12,088 words! I didn't think I'd typed that much! I felt a little sheepish about sharing it which is why I didn't & I didn't want to seem as though I was gloating or anything, which I'm not! (I would much rather have not had the experience I did with his family and not had that fight with him, had a descent nights sleep and be way behind on my word count now!)

Today, I came up with a title and my version of a short description:

Synopsis: "Awkward Positions"

Things are supposed to happen in a specific order, right? Well, what if you find "The One" before figuring out what to do with yourself first? Then what?! How do you work out the kinks in yourself while being married? Sophie Carroll finds herself in this and many other awkward positions as she tries to answer the age old question of "What do I want to be when I grow up?""

*Added for this post, not included in my response.

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Title and description sounds great! I like it!!

Just Tera said...

I'm so proud of you having typed so much. I love your passion and fire it's inspiring.

GardeningJo said...

Thank you both so much!!!