Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve


The pumpkin pie is baked. (Semi-home made. I use Libby's Easy Bake Pumpkin - DELICIOUS!) The mince pie is baking now. The sweet potato caserole and turnips are next as the oven will be taken over by a turkey breast and a ham in the morning! Cranberry, fresh green apple & 'Christmas Eve' candles are adding their scents to the aroma of baking pies.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I'm grateful for:
-Vic
-Mom & Aunt Judy
-Brenda, Matt, Gillian, Warren, Michelle, Kathy
-the wonderful & amazing friendships I've made thru GoodReads.com/CoL
-my SSD being approved earlier this year
-a safe & secure place to live
-being better off financially than we were at this time last year
-my iv treatments working
-blogging & the satisfaction it gives me
-writing, even with the struggles, walls & blocks
-being able to cross things off my "things to do before I die" list

I know there are more but these are the first which came to mind.

Appreciate your blessings and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Edumentor said...

Love that picture! I'm grateful for the people who make my life such an interesting place, especially my family and friends, but even the ones I pass on the street and whose names I'll never know but who smile or hold the door or let me go before them at the bakery. I'm grateful for a business that makes me feel happy and complete, a business partner who is my other half in all things, a husband who helps me dream and do, and two children who are my entire world. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

GardeningJo said...

You have such a way with words! Thank you for sharing this here and Happy Thanksgiving!