Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama for America
P.O. Box 8102
Chicago, IL 60680

Dear President-Elect Obama,

Out of all the times I have voted in my life, I have only regretted 1 vote, my vote for NJ Governor John Corzine. After hearing on the news this after noon that you may be “courting” him for a position in your Cabinet, I am truly hoping I am not going to have another vote to add to my regrets list. If these rumors are true, I am writing to ask that you please, please, please reconsider doing so! Talk to NJ’s Residents, not the wealthy and not the career politicians running our State before making your decision!

We are not among the wealthy as Governor Corzine is and we are the ones who have suffered under his Administration (and any time Acting Governor Cody takes the reins). We are the ones who are being priced out of our home state, reluctantly making plans to move elsewhere out of State so that we can not only make ends meet but have a good quality life at the same time.

Though I had to declare one way or another in order to Vote in the Primaries, I do not go by Blue or Red, Democrat or Republican, when I vote, regardless of the type of Election. While not entirely comfortable with either Candidate in this Presidential Race, I was initially leaning towards voting for John McCain. Last night, I voted for you. I did not make my choice lightly.

Please take my concerns regarding Governor Corzine seriously. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,

Mrs. Jo W
Atlantic Highlands, NJ

No comments: