Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yes, I'm happy it snowed! I took lots of pics today (keep scrolling down), ordered some free gardening seed catalogs online, got the rest of the Christmas decorations taken down and all are packed away. I even took down the tired but well loved light up reindeer out front and put them out to pasture. (That made me a little sad - I didn't want to get rid of them, they're my first ones, but they're old (I bought them at the thrift shop 2 yrs ago (?) for $5 each and they were old then) & mostly don't light up anymore, so... I'm actually fighting the urge to get dressed & run out to rescue them from the garbage as I type this. I know, I'm weird!) I also took the light up candy canes down to the basement with some of the indoor decorations.

And yes, great googley moogley it's bleepin' COLD!

4 comments:

windy city girl said...

I love this pic.

I've been trying to take pictures of the snow here, but I'm over it-LOL.

I had a memory recently of when one of my college roommates and I took a break from studying for finals to go play in the snow - at midnight. We were really silly. That might have been the last time I liked snow.

teri said...

Ah, seed catalogs. I LOVE seed catalogs. They are such a sign that spring will come, winter will end, and there will be a time when the darkness will lift! I even love the design of them!

GardeningJo said...

I love seed catalogs too Teri! Just the sight of them cheers me up, their covers so colorful.

G, I'm not sure why I still take snow pics actually, but I can't seem to help myself.

GardeningJo said...

G, that's a wonderful memory!

One of my fav memories of snow was before I met Vic, my girlfriend Kathy had been hanging out at my apartment in Matawan until about 4am - we'd been wathing movies, eating take out from Chilli's and having a blast, the only light in the living room besides the tv was my little Christmas tree lit with multi colored lights - she left about 4am & my living room window was cracked open. I looked out and saw that it was snowing, everything glistened! Then I hear her voice in a very loud whisper call to me, "Joanne! It's snowing!" I returned in the same not so quiet whisper, "I know!" and then ran downstairs to the porch where she was. It was gorgeous! And so quiet. When she left, I got dressed and walked with the ex to 7-11 to get hot cocoa, during which, on the way I slipped on ice, fell and hit my head!

Lol!

But, it's still one of my fav snow memories!