Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Outdoor Furniture Adventures

I'm looking for either a very very small 'bistro' set for the front porch (of which I could only use 1 chair with the table) or a nice end table & chair. Too expensive and/or ugly are the only things I've come across until today. The pieces above are at a local Pier One and I LOVE the colors in these tables. Beautiful reds, greens, blues, some yellows. Their tops are tiled.

There's a small end table in the collection and though it's a bit shorter than I'd like, it's otherwise perfect. But, on sale it's $80. I did see a nice barn red wrought iron chair that would go well on clearance for $30 but it would need a cushion and that's an additional $20 or more.

What we have is over 3 years old, been painted countless times and was either here when we moved here or is from a thrift shop/garage sale. It's looked good in past years. Now it looks junky. Not chabby chìc. Chabby crap.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a few new pieces for the porch & patio. The prices this season have started much higher than usual. Just because we have the money this time around doesn't mean I want to spend it all - I'm trying to be economical.

Could I make something like what I saw today?

I'm not sure what to do.

3 comments:

Holli said...

I love that table....very pretty! I think I need to make a trip to Pier One!! I love their stuff...we get alot of things from there for the house. I know my friend has made these tables before for herself.....I think she started with a small tiling book....there's a name for doing this stuff but I can't think of what it is.

Jo said...

I've always loved their stuff too. I may go back tomorrow and get the small table and clearance chair. The colors in these tiled tables are striking something inside of me. I'd like one for inspiration!

I think the term you're looking for is "mosaic."

Brandie said...

I love this table and cushions! So pretty! I am dying to get some real patio furniture so I can sit on the deck, get some sun, and read this summer. It's just so expensive!