Friday, May 22, 2009

...Happy Birthday Dear Me,eeee...

Stola stola yay jeeah jeeah na - Stola stola yay jeeah jeeah na - Yesh a nash yesh a nash yay jeeah jeeah nash - YAY JEEAH NAAAAAAA!

This Polish birthday song was sung to me 3 times by my dear Father-in-law in seperate voice mails he left me today (I was out in the gardens most of the day again, phones inside), texted to me by a Sista-in-law and sung to me by Vic after the waitresses (and he) sung happy birthday to me when they brought dessert to us. I am by no means spelling it correctly, most likely, but spelling it as it sounds when sung. It's a tradition in Vic's family which now makes him and Dad's voices crack with tears when they sing it. (My Mother-in-law called on my 30th birthday and sung it on our answering machine, she passed away 15 days later). It's a traditon we will carry on with our own children.

It was a quiet day at home for the most part, me out in the dirt, planting the last of the seeds, repotting a few Vinca's, pulling Ivy that's grown back after being pulled 2 years ago. Mom stopped by with a card, stayed for about an hour. She was in on Vic's coming home early so she apparently pretended to over sleep & since I was all filthy from the garden, we couldn't go for lunch (which I hadn't planned on anyway so that was ok). Just before Vic got home, the most enormous bouquet of flowers I've ever seen or received was delivered! (3 feet long - filled 2 vases). Then he got home and as per his orders from yesterday, I was ready, so he changed quickly & we headed out. I had no clue where he was taking me! We ended up at a country bar & restuarant down in South Jersey where 98.5fm sponsors a free acoustic concert every Thursday evening. Tonight happened to be Bucky Covington who has a couple of good songs so that was fun. Dinner was FAB-U-LOUS! (As was desert).

And now I'm heading off to sleep!

PS- Hello 34! Today was a good day & here's to hoping the rest of this year is filled with many, many, many more of them while we get acquainted!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Happy birthday and many many more.

M.J. said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Brandie said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday, Jo!!

Holli said...

I'm very happy that you had such a great birthday! That's fantastic!

Jo said...

Thanks gals!

Heather M. said...

Sounds like a great birthday so far, and the weekend is just beginning. I love the family tradition story. I'm really interested in family histories; it just fascinates me.

Lizzi said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Jo!
Happy Birthday to You!

Sorry it's a day late, I didn't do any computing yesterday. It sounds like you had a great day. How's 34 treating you so far?

B said...

Happy HAPPY Birthday!!!!! So sorry, I'm late! And tell Vic Happy Memorial Day and a big thanks from GA :)
B

Jo said...

Thanks Heather!

Thanks Lizzi! So far so good!

Thanks B! And I'll pass that along to Vic - thank you!