Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Additions

Yesterday, I treated myself to a Knockout Rose Rosa Radcon (a larger one than I bought last year), 2 different pink Dianthus, "Lemon Zest" yellow Petunia's and 3 "Beaf Steak" Tomato plants. (I usuallly prefer "Early Girl," but all of them had mold around their roots).

Today I'm finishing up planting seeds and I'll get these into their spots too. Tomorrow's supposed to go up into the high 80s or low 90s and in temps like that I'd rather be sitting in the shade enjoying the flowers instead of digging around in the sun planting them!

9 comments:

Meg said...

This is such a beautiful picture, I love it

Kalanna said...

Jo, it's all so beautiful. I love the look of everything spilling over. A garden can never be too crowded, in my humble opinion. Here I go to see how much of my end of the month surplus I can spend at the garden center. not *too* much because we are just renting and this isn't my place but annuals for the year will do nicely.

Jo said...

Thank you both! I'm thinking of taking a walk tomorrow to the tiny nursery up the road to see what they have! (I'm still under budget for this year - yay!)

Lizzi said...

Your flowers are so lush. I can't wait to see what your garden ends up looking like...gorgeous of course!

Jo said...

Thanks Lizzi! It's so exciting for me every year too!

Joanne said...

They all look so lovely set off well with the blue seat.

Jo said...

Thanks!

Heather M. said...

I love Knockout roses. I planted some 3 years ago and they are huge now. So easy to take care of too

Jo said...

Heather, I love them too! By far the easiest roses to take care of I've come across. I'm hoping a trip to a local nursery will have me leaving with a Rainbow Knockout and or a yellow/peach Knockout! (And a new Butterfly Bush since my one out back has died).