Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 Days of Creativity in September (Day 29)

Quiet.
It's quiet!
That's the first thing I notice
about Fall's arrival,
usually before the calendar's announcement.
Mother Nature chooses when seasons come & go.

Crickets chirping in the daylight.
Birds coming back to the feeder.
Deer on the move.
Less street traffic during.
Less coming & going.
Children at school, no playing noises.

Breezes blowing dried leaves along the side walks.
And that's what catches my attention.
Then I realize...
It's quiet.
Quiet!

Autumn mornings...
Calming.
Soothing.
Inspiring.
Quiet.

3 comments:

M.J. said...

I was off work on Monday for Yom Kippur, and I definitely noticed the quiet you describe in this poem. I live in the city and the only sounds I could hear were the birds chirping and the leaves of the five oak trees that line my alley rustling. Quiet!

Lisa said...

Yea--you're back to writing!

Jo said...

Isn't that one of the best things M.J.?!

I'm always writing Lisa! Just don't always post it is all. ;)