Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My First Finished Read of 2010

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Enchanting. Delightful. Transportive. Brilliant. Wonderful. It is a rare occasion when, after having finished a read, I feel Blessed & better for having read it - this is one of those rare occasions. JK Rowling's writing is a true gift and I am glad it's being shared with the world. This is the kind of writing that reminds me of why I so love to read and why I love to write.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You know my best friend, the one that passed away, just loved Harry Potter books. She read them all right when they came out! I'm just going to have to read them now that you are giving 5 out of 5 stars too! Thanks for the review!

Lisa said...

I read this with both of my boys and really enjoyed it. Then they were both ready to read on their own by the time the moved to the second book and I never read another one. Aren't you lucky to just be starting the series!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I did my first Gilmore Girl challenge read on this books well. I love all things Gilmore and I love all things Potter so it was a good fit :)