Sunday, January 03, 2010

Our First Sunday of 2010

Written at 4:28pm
It's been snowing about half an hour. Cardinals are out back, along with other dark brown House Wrens & Finches, eating up the seed which was replenished yesterday, their Red and Taupe bodies standing out against the tan frozen dirt now touched with white.

Snowflakes are racing past the windows. Occasionally one hovers for a few moments to look in on us, as curious to catch a glimpse of our lives indoors as we are of it.

The wind Roars, reminding of an angry ocean rolling in and crashing against the rocky shore during a storm. How Do the trees hold up against such force?

The light is starting to turn blue, signaling the end of another Winter's day is fast approaching. Our first Sunday of this new year has come and gone.

Where did this day find you?

5 comments:

windy city girl said...

Lovely. Transcendent post. This day found me braving sub-zero wind chills to go to church. I was going to hit up a movie, but decided it was too cold and went home instead-lol.

Happy New Year!

Sherry Dale Rogers said...

Your words are beautiful. Today I found myself wondering about the new year to come of all the hope and promise that is a gift to me. I plan to slow down in the new year and enjoy life each and every day.

Jo said...

Thank you both, I'm very flattered and it makes me feel so good when someone responds to my writing that way!

If it makes you feel any better Gill, our wind chill has been wicked - not as cold as where you are but dern bitter! (Folks have forgotten what a real NJ winter is like, lol!)

I wish you the best with slowing down and appreciating all of life's moments Sherry!

Tammy said...

Lovely post--fabulous pics! Hope your holiday was wonderful!

Jo said...

Thank you Tammy! I hope yours was too!