Monday, March 15, 2010

March is Women's History Month

Did you know? I didn't until I saw author Darnell Arnoult's blog post on March 12th, and this year's theme is "Writing Women Back Into History (over at the National Women's History Project, link below).

I haven't heard this on the news or read it in the newspapers. Have you? As soon as I saw it on Goodreads, I posted it to my Twitter and fb accounts as well as in the groups I belong to on Goodreads. Please spread the word!

For more info, please visit Women's History Month and National Women's History Project.

5 comments:

Kelly Jo, Ecrivain Mere said...

I posted an article on my blog today, too, about National Women's History Month. It's disgusting and frustrating how women get swept under the rug. I suppose perhaps we need to get louder.

Jo said...

Louder indeed! That's why, as soon as I heard about it, I began posting it all over the place to help spread the word! And no on here too, hoping it spreads even farther. Looking forward to reading your post Kelly Jo!

Jo said...

Now on here, not no on here, lol!

curtissannmatlock said...

Thanks for the tip about Women's History Month!

Love your music! I have Craig Duncan's Celtic Sunday and Celtic Hymns. Who can keep their foot still to any of it?

hugs to you, friend.
CurtissAnn

Jo said...

Thank you for stopping by CurtissAnn and you're welcome for the tip! Unless it's a very slow mournful ballad (which make me cry!), I can't help but smile and tap away to songs like these! I hope you're having a lovely St. Pat's today!