Saturday, April 10, 2010

Too Cute!























Just before we had our own dinner last night, Waddles (the resident female Mallard duck) came a visiting with us and I was able to snap this photo just after feeding her some country white bread. (She prefers potato bread but 'any port in a storm' as they say). She's very sweet and will eat from your hand without nipping you, which surprised me.

Hope this brings you a smile as it did me and y'all have a great Saturday!

Posted from 'Home Away From Home' via My Palm Centro.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I remember going on a family trip with the kids to Lancaster, PA, and all the baby ducks were born and the highlight of the trip was feeding the ducks the day old bread the bakery sold for that very purpose.

When ever you get a thrill from a simple pleasure, my husband has this silly little phrase he says, "fun for the feeble minded." It is just a joke because it doesn't take much for us to get excited around here.

Love the duck. QUACK!

Jo said...

Simple pleasures are the stuff that makes life worth living!

Holli said...

I used to love to feed the ducks when I was younger!! Very cute...

Jo said...

She's a very sweet little thing!