Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

During dinner this evening, after a beautiful, crisp Autumn day, a good day spent with Hubbs, we found out that our niece's husband passed away this morning. We don't know what happened yet. He had heart surgery last week, apparently had complications afterwards but last word gave the impression he was doing better. He was thirty years old. They have two daughters, our grand nieces, who are under the age of four, one born earlier this year. Our niece is now a thirty year old widowed mother of two. I cannot imagine nor do I understand. My heart is broken for her and the girls. All of our hearts are. I've been holding Hubbs close since we found out and praying for our niece and the girls. If you could keep them in your prayers too, I'd greatly appreciate it. They need all of the support and comfort possible.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Jo, that is just so sad! My mom died from heart surgery three and half years ago. The surgery went well, but the recovery process of four months was slow and tedious. She was home a week and she died.

It was awful for us. I can't even imagine what it is like for your niece.

Can I do anything? Do they need anything?
Let me know. My thoughts are with them.

Judy said...

I am so sorry Jo. My heart goes out to your niece and her girls. I will keep all in my prayers. May God bless and keep you.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

How sad! How very sad! So young!

Gentle hugs...

Jo said...

Thank you Brenda! You're so good to me. If there's anything, I'll let you know but I can't imagine aside from having him back that there's anything anyone can do for them to help them right now.

Thank you Judy & Aunt Amelia!

Holli said...

That is truly so sad..... my thoughts are with you all....

Jo said...

Thank you Holli.

TheBookGirl said...

So sorry to hear of this sad news...you and your family are in my prayers.