Monday, January 31, 2011

For The Birds

I had to share these with you! (And I couldn't pick just one or two). What an incredible experience. Standing creek side, closer to a Red Tailed Hawk than I've ever been. For a total of 20 minutes. (10 minutes at a time with a break in between). I dare say the resident Turkey Vulture was jealous of all the attention Red (the Hawk) was getting; he moved to a chimney closer to where Red was perched in the tree. When I came in to get warm before going back out to see if Red was still there, I got the pics of the Cardinal while standing in our kitchen. Blessing come in many forms, shapes and disguises.

7 comments:

windy city girl said...

This is very cool! I love the pics!

Delphyne said...

Beautiful day! That's awesome. You got such great pictures of both birds. Thanks for sharing them!

Cottage Tails said...

i love critters & adore seeing other from around the world! Many you shared I have not seen in real life.

Thanks for sharing!Brent enjoyed them too!

Love Leanne

Emily said...

Those are amazing pictures!

Brenda said...

Jo,
absolutely terrific! I love them.

I was up close and personal with a baby hawk in my garden one spring. I stared at and took pics of it too. I felt blessed to be so close.

Jo said...

Thanks everyone! This was incredible. Still making me smile!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

WOW!!! What beautiful and amazing photos! I have never seen one in the wild. What a true gift!!! Theresa