Sunday, May 04, 2014

Waiting It Out


Hello friends! I hope your Sunday has been as beautiful where you are as it has been here. (In spite of the terribly gusty blustery winds that is!) Today is Mom's 74th birthday and I think a good day was had by all. 

What's that, you ask? Where have I been, you ask? Well, I've had a horrendously debilitating flare-up of arthritis and nerve pain recently, which has caused a domino affect of course, so I have been very much MIA online as well as off line. Regardless of additional meds and treatment, sometimes it's all a matter of waiting it out and praying it will pass sooner rather than later. This is likely later though. I'm not sure I'm out of the woods yet with this flare-up but I'm sure hoping so! It's been so awful. It would be nice to be able to catch up on some things around the home, get a little reading done, regroup and refocus (again) on writing this coming week.

But, I'm not going to push my luck or myself at this point. (I definitely don't want or need a rebound flare!) I will try to ease back into what's normal for me while I keep waiting this flare-up out.

What have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't imagine how hard it would be to live in pain, with unexpected flare-ups that are so severe! You are a tough lady! Did you have rain for almost a week straight too? I heard it was bad for much of the East coast!

Jo said...

Sorry your comment got lost in the shuffle! Thank you re my being a tough lady :-) We didn't have rain for a week but we had 5 inches in one day so that was bad enough lol!